1/09/2012

"Santiago"

This time, I need to talk about Santiago the center of the principal economical and administrative activities of Chile; this is a really big city, with a lot o people of all kind. The street performers, the painters, the crazy late guys in the metro station, the dogs, the fast-food sellers in all the corners, the musicians in the buses and a lot of thing give to Santiago a special taste. For the other hand, first the smoke, Santiago haves a big grey cloud of pollution all over the sky, in my first days in Santiago I had some breathing problems with the heavy and nasty air, specially in the afternoon, and second, side by side really, the heat. The heat of summer in this city is unbelievable, after the twelve o'clock or even before the place becomes to a realistic transpiration and isolation inferno, because of this is not rare see a lot of children playing in the street, with the fire hydrant water.


I arrived to this city a few years ago, I don´t have any respiration problems anymore but I still don’t like the air, I live in the periphery of the region, near San Bernardo, La Pintana, y Puente Alto. These places are something like the downtown, little houses, big families, non space for living, twin houses without backyard, and a lot of dirty blocks.  
I think that any person that lived once o more times out of Santiago, believes that is not a good city for living. For me Santiago is only a business center, for study a career but not for work a entire life. Of course I’m writing in the life quality way.    
In spite of this, I like the city colors, the architecture in the old Santiago, the histories, the animals but above all the friend I made.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario